Welcome to our August Phoenix Wellness Coaching Newsletter
If you are new to Phoenix Wellness, then I am delighted to meet you and start building great connections. I’m Jeanette Forder, the Founder and CEO of Phoenix Wellness Coaching, a wellness and life coaching company specialising in helping wome
My mission is to help all midlife women to thrive through menopause, to change their lives and to give them the freedom and choice over how they live the rest of their lives.
August is all about finding meaning
Having a purpose in life is important as it can guide our choices and decisions, influence our behaviour, shape our goals, offer a sense of direction and create meaning. For some of us, purpose is connected to our vocation, our values, and our beliefs like having meaningful, satisfying work. For others, purpose lies in their responsibilities to family or friends. Our purpose does not have to be something grand or earth shattering, it just needs to mean something to us.
Why does it matter?
Having a purpose is an important factor for happiness. Without it, we’ll feel less focused and restless and may feel stressed. Having a purpose has many wellbeing benefits.
- People with a clear purpose are more likely to grow old in a healthy way, and more likely to live longer.
- People with a clear purpose find it easier to be inspired by the things they do.
- People with a clear purpose tend to be more motivated, disciplined, and efficient in being the best version of themselves.
How can having a purpose help through menopause?
As we approach and transition through menopause many things change, physically and psychologically and we can start to ask ourselves what next.
Some of us may be feeling slightly redundant as our children fly the nest, leaving us without our primary care role which may have been our key identity. And we may start to feel that life has somehow passed us by.
It doesn’t have to be this way. Menopause is an opportunity to reset our lives, to look at what we have done and ask ourselves who do we want to be in the future. It is a great chance to start looking forward to the next third of our lives.
When we have a purpose we find our passion for life again and we feel less stressed. This in turn releases happy emotions which are beneficial for our health and general wellbeing. Here are some helpful tips on how you can find your purpose:
- Identify the activities that provide you with a sense of purpose. There is no objective reality here as we’re all unique. The key is to know what works for you, often that lies in doing what you love.
- Create a statement tieing together the interests that provide you with a sense of purpose. Synthesizing your list of meaningful activities down to one core phrase will be your guiding light. Keep the phrase simple but comprehensive enough to answer the question: How do I want to invest my precious and limited life energy?
- Strengthen your inner landscape. Learning to live your purpose is a spiritual exercise, an “inside” job. For many of us, our work years required conforming to someone else’s demands to the detriment of our own. Start to develop the art of stillness, silence, and reflection. Think about journaling on the big questions that matter to you.
- Learn to be still. The key to fulfillment is not about finding purpose but letting it find us. I found my own purpose through spiritual coaching and meditation so I can say it works.
- Explore what it means to create. The act of creating is the unfolding of who we are in the world, and thus a way of living out our deeper purpose. It can take the form of art, music, writing, cooking, conversation, making love or even just sitting quietly.
What’s Menopause got to do with Men?
Last month at the request of some men I know, Phoenix Wellness Coaching held our first exclusive men-only workshop, Men-No-Pause. This brought together like-minded men whose partners were experiencing menopause and whom they wanted to support more. They came from all walks of life and professions, but with one aim in mind and that was to learn about menopause.
It was an amazing session which has received some excellent feedback:
“As one of the men that attended Jeanette’s Men-No-Pause event recently, I’m sure I speak for all us of that attended, when I say what an interesting and informative event it was. Jeanette encouraged open debate on the subject and was happy to give really helpful answers to all of our questions. We all agreed that we had learnt so much. I would say this is a great event for all men that need to gain an insight in to the emotional, practical and physical considerations of menopause”.
Our next Men-No-Pause event will be held in early September with more information released towards the middle of August. If you want the man in your life to learn more about menopause and support you through this stage of your life, then email me now for more information and to get him added to the waiting list. This event will be an evening, face to face event costing £25 per person.
What’s coming up?
The late summer period is looking to be quite a busy time for Phoenix Wellness with lots of events and programmes in the planning. Here are some dates for your diary and some events you won’t want to miss:
- It’s All in Your Head – online webinar exploring our emotional relationship with food and how that can stop our best efforts to maintain a healthy diet. This is for any woman who struggles with yoyo dieting or recognises that food is all about emotion and wants to break those habits. The webinar will be held on Wednesday 10th August, 19.30-21.00, £10 per person. Click here for more information and how to book your place.
- The next cohort of our FREE Phoenix Rising Retreat will take place on Monday 15th, Tuesday 16th and Thursday 18th August, 19.30-20.30 each evening on zoom. This is a chance for you to experience three amazing masterclasses from our signature programme the Phoenix Rising Mastermind. You can learn more about the Retreat here, or to book your place click here.
- Our revamped Phoenix Rising Mastermind will start on Monday 12th September, with weekly sessions over a 3-month period, £600 per person. To learn more about this highly successful programme please click here, or alternatively email me to book a connection call or to reserve your space. Payment plans are available to spread the cost.
For more information
For more information or to book a connection call please feel free to email us – we are here to help change the lives of midlife women everywhere.
Alternatively, why not join our Facebook Community, Phoenix Women’s Wellness, Menopause and Life Coaching. This is a great community with just under 200 ladies supporting one another. We provide free resources daily into the group and are looking to offer more free workshops.